There are many types of flexible pond lining systems available. These range from cheaper PVC type materials to the best rubber (EPDM) membranes. We favour the Firestone EPDM material in either 1.02mm (Pondgard) or 1.2mm (Geomembrane). We have a team of specialist installers, trained by Firestone to ensure every installation is of the highest quality. Chemical seam bonding of panels up to 15x30m offers limitless application options in terms of size. Standard corner details, pipe sleeves and termination procedures ensure that every lining project is installed to the manufacturers’ guidelines.
The Firestone system allows us to undertake repairs to various types of membrane from small punctures to panel replacement.
If you would like to discuss your lining requirements, please contact Ben Garner on 01460 279200.
Firestone EPDM is our membrane of choice as it displays the following characteristics:
- Excellent resistance to sunlight
- Excellent resistance to stress cracking
- Excellent resistance to UV radiation
- Good resistance to heat
- Excellent resistance to an organic soil environment
- Excellent resistance to hydrostatic puncture
- Excellent conformance to substrate
- Good resistance to installation damage
- Excellent adhesive bonding to concrete structures
- Excellent connection to outfalls and penetrations
- Excellent long term durability
Click here to download a data sheet (PDF – 17KB)