Wednesday 6th April 2016, it’s a big day for Kingcombe Aquacare.
Today at 12:00 noon we are going to launch our new weed harvester “Jenny”. She is being named Jenny in memory of our dear friend and colleague, who lost her battle to cancer in 2011.
The boat is launching at Coldharbour Boat Ramp at Ham near Taunton (which we built for the Environment Agency); this will be signed from the A358. There is space to park. The postcode is TA3 5NZ at the junction of White Street and Knapp Road.
If you are local and have a spare hour please do come and say hello. You can see the boat at work, either from the bank or jump in the passenger seat and talk to the operator as you go up river. Come and chat to our staff either about the boat or any other service that we can provide. We will be on site from 11am until 3pm, there will be pasties and hot drinks available.
“Jenny” is joining our other AquaTractor “Gordon” to deal with the increased workload to provide a reliable and flexible service.
Our AquaTractor weed harvester offers the following benefits for aquatic weed control:
- A reliable, productive workhorse
- Weed cutting depth to 1.950m
- Extremely manoeuvrable
- Weed free helix screw propulsion unit, directional through 180°, with hydraulically adjustable operating depth
- Shallow draft (laden draft of only 325mm)
- Hold capacity up to 5m³
- Discharge speed less than 2 minutes
- Less than 30 minutes to launch and prepare for operation = maximum productivity